Panerai Luna Rossa Challenger Submersible Carbotech PAM01039
- Sale Price: $24,000.00
- Availability: Usually ships in 3-4 business days
- Automatic mechanical movement P.9010/GMT calibre, executed entirely by Panerai, 13¾ lignes, 6.0mm thick, 31 jewels, Glucydur balance,
- 28,800 alternations/hour. Incabloc anti-shock device. Power reserve 3 days, two barrels. 199 components
- The structure of Carbotech is designed to enhance both the aesthetics and the performance of the material.To form the plates of Carbotech from which these components are made, thin sheets of carbon fibres are compressed at a controlled temperature under high pressure together with a high-end polymer, PEEK (Polyether Ether Ketone), which binds the composite material, making it even stronger and more durable.
- The dial's special texture conceals a fascinating secret: pieces of the sails of the Luna Rossa applied to it.
A diving watch water-resistant to a depth of 300 metres (30 bar) with a case made of carbotech, the innovative material also used to make the hull of Luna Rossa's AC75. Enhancing its strong personality are the unidirectional rotating bezel for calculating the duration of a dive, also made of carbotech, and the dial, whose special texture conceals a fascinating secret: pieces of the sails of the Luna Rossa applied to it. The automatic P.9010 calibre, entirely developed and created in the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel, has central hour and minute hands, the small seconds dial at 9 o'clock and the date at 3 o'clock. The energy necessary to accumulate a power reserve of three days - the basic standard for Panerai in-house movements - is stored in two spring barrels whose springs are wound by an oscillating weight operating in both directions. Consisting of 200 components including 31 jewels, the calibre has a diameter of 13¾ lignes and it is 6 mm thick. The balance, fixed by a bridge with twin supports, oscillates at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour (4 Hz). It is associated with the device which stops it as soon as the winding crown is pulled out, enabling the watch to be perfectly synchronised with a reference signal. In the P.9010 calibre the hours can be conveniently adjusted without interfering with the movement of the minute hand, thanks to the device which directly moves only the relative hand in jumps of one hour forward or backwards. This function is very useful when changing time zones or moving between summer time and winter time, and conveniently the adjustment of the hour hand is automatically connected to the date indicator.
- ASIN: B07PN1LKTQ
- Item model number: PAM01039
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews